Ten Senior Advantages You Don’t Want to MissSeptember 1, 2018
“I’m getting old.” You hear women say this even when they’re barely 24 years old. In the age of selfies and technology, we are wrapped up in vanity and age preservation because no one looks forward to sagging skin and health complications. We dread end-of-life care talks, procrastinate on senior living options like home care, and deny that we are approaching our golden years because we don’t want to admit that we are getting older. The elderly fight for every last shred of independence and dignity they have left, but growing older does not mean you have to act old.
Here are 10 ways to milk your golden years:
- You can yell at people and won’t get in any real trouble for it.
- Get away with wearing ridiculous clothing that doesn’t match.
- Get senior discounts everywhere you go.
- Sleeping in instead of waking up at ungodly hours to go to work.
- Gross people out with your idiosyncratic habits.
- Enjoy the company of children without the responsibilities of child-rearing.
- No need to pretend you like anything.
- Use your free time to do what you always wanted.
- Pretend to fall asleep so you can hear what people are saying.
- Show others with your life that growing old is the best thing anyone can do!
If you have a bucket list of wishes that you’ve been wanting to live out, this is the best time to do it. Travel with a companion, go golfing or sailing, dine in fancy restaurants, and just enjoy life because life is too short to be unhappy.
A-1 Home Care has a team of pre-screened and pre-qualified traveling companions who will accompany you on trips, grocery store errands, or rides to appointments. We are a licensed, bonded and insured home care agency that takes care of seniors all over Los Angeles and Orange Counties.
Call us today at 562-929-8400 to start services!